September 20, 2021
EP32 Can You Ever Know Thyself: Cloud Attack Surface Management
View more episodes
- Attack Surface Management (ASM). Why do we need a new toolset and a new category? Isn’t this just 1980s asset management or CMDB?
- How do we find those assets that may have been misplaced by the organizations? How can any technology do this reliably?
- ASM seems to often rely on network layer 3 and 4. Can’t bad guys just hit the app endpoints and all your network is irrelevant then?
- When you think about the threats organizations face due to unknown assets, is data theft at the top of the stack? What should organizations keep in mind as a priority here?
- Who at an organization is best set up to receive, triage, investigate, and respond to the alerts about the attack surface?
- Are there proactive steps organizations can take to prevent shadow IT, or are we stuck responding to each new signal? Isn’t preventing new assets the same as preventing business?