February 6, 2023
EP107 How Google Secures It's Google Cloud Usage at Massive Scale
- Karan Dwivedi, Security Engineering Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure Protection @ Google Cloud
View more episodes
- Google’s use of Google Cloud is a massive cloud environment with wildly diverse use cases. Could you share, for our listeners, a few examples of the different kinds of things we’re running in GCP?
- Given that we’re doing these wildly different things in GCP, how do we think about scaling the right security guardrails to the right places in our GCP org?
- How do you work with application engineering teams and project owner teams to make sure the right controls are there but not getting in the way of business?
- How do we scale this exemption management process? Are there things we do here that don’t make sense at a smaller scale? Are there emergent challenges that only we would face?
- How do you correctly federate security responsibilities between the central team defining policy and the constituent user teams actually using the platform?
- Burnout is a perennial challenge for security teams – what are you doing to keep your people happy and engaged?