November 29, 2021
EP45 VirusTotal Insights on Ransomware Business and Technology
View more episodes
- Why GandCrab / REvil was the most popular ransomware family in 2020?
- What is ransomware as a service?
- Is every scary article about ransomware essentially marketing for the criminals?
- Some ransomware payoffs are huge, how do you think they spend the money?
- How else do they profit off stolen data apart from double extortion schemes? Are there triple extortion schemes?
- What is the concept of a “trusted brand in ransomware”, is it better for clients because they will return the data?
- Why did non-Windows ransomware fail as a business?
- Do we expect 0day exploits to become more popular in ransomware?
- Based on this research, what is the key reason for ransomware’s wild success?