August 29, 2022
EP81 Demystify Data Sovereignty and Sovereign Cloud Secrets at Google Cloud
View more episodes
- In political science, they define sovereignty as a local monopoly on the legitimate use of force. Why are we talking about “sovereignty” in IT?
- What is a sovereign cloud? How much of the term is marketing vs engineering?
- Who cares or should care about sovereign cloud?
- Is this about technical controls or paper/policy controls? Or both?
- What is the role for encryption and key management and key access justifications (like say Google Cloud EKM with KAJ) for sovereign cloud?
- Is sovereign cloud automatically more secure or at least has better data security?
- What threat models are considered for sovereign cloud technologies?