October 3, 2022
EP86 How to Apply Lessons from Virtualization Transition to Make Cloud Transformation Better
View more episodes
- Virtualization's arrival caused a major IT upheaval 20 years ago. What can we learn from that revolution for our current cloud transformation?
- We talk about our three legged security stool of people/process/technology. How do we balance the technical issues (new technology stack, etc) with the new processes (agile, etc) and the skills?
- What are the cultural and people transformation differences between the virtualization and cloud revolutions?
- We do recall how PCI DSS was disrupted by virtualization. So, how does regulation play into this change - back then and now with the cloud?
- How do we change the minds of regulators who still think that cloud is a risk to mitigate, rather than a way to mitigate others risks better?