October 24, 2022
EP93 CISO Walks Into the Cloud: Frustrations, Successes, Lessons ... And Is My Data Secure?
- Alicja Cade, Director for Financial Services, Office of the CISO, Google Cloud
View more episodes
- We are talking about your journey as a CISO migrating to the cloud. Could you give us the overview of …
- What triggered your organization's migration to the cloud? When did you and the security team get brought in?
- Did you take going to the cloud as an opportunity to change things beyond the tools you were using?
- As you got going into the cloud, what was the hardest part for your organization?
- If that was hardest, what was most surprising? Good surprise and bad surprise?
- How did you design security controls for the cloud?
- How do you validate and verify security controls in the cloud?
- How did you keep both security practitioners and the rest of your IT teams from lift-and-shift thinking?
- Did your data security practice change?
- Having covered all that tactical terrain, one final strategic question: is moving to the cloud a net risk reduction? Can it be?