November 7, 2022
EP95 Cloud Security Talks Panel: Cloud Threats and Incidents
- Alijca Cade, Director, Financial Services, Office of the CISO, Google Cloud
- Ken Westin, Director, Security Strategy, Cybereason
- Robert Wallace, Senior Director, Mandiant, now Google Cloud
View more episodes
- How are cloud environments attacked and compromised today? Is it still about the configuration mistakes?
- Do cryptominers represent a serious threat now that they are often mentioned as the most common threat in the cloud?
- Let’s look at another popular threat - ransomware or, broadly, RansomOps. Based on your research, what can we say about its likely future, especially in the cloud?
- Are we getting better with detection in the cloud and are we doing it fast enough?
- Is cloud security a misnomer? Attackers are out to get into an organization, and cloud or on-premise matters less here, right? What does it say about the interdependence of security, on and off cloud?