June 1, 2021
Modern Data Security Approaches: Is Cloud More Secure?
Tim Dierks, Engineering Director, Data Protection @ Google Cloud
View more episodes
- What are the key components of data security in the public cloud today?
- Why do companies need specific data security plans and products?
- Do you think Google Cloud today has enough controls for processing the most sensitive data?
- Many organizations seem to be unaware of where sensitive data exists in their cloud environments, how do you think this problem will be fixed?
- What is your view on encryption's role in future cloud security?
- Do organizations mostly encrypt for security or for compliance?
- How do we help companies navigate the tradeoffs between complying with nation-state regulations and best practices for availability?
- I hear you are involved with some interesting key management innovations like HYOK via Cloud EKM, why do these matter for clients today?