September 7, 2021
EP30 Malware Hunting with VirusTotal
- Vicente Diaz, Threat Intelligence Strategist @ VirusTotal
View more episodes
- How would you describe modern threat hunting process?
- Share some of the more interesting examples of attacker activities or artifacts you've seen?
- Do we even hunt for malware? What gets you more concerned, malware or human attackers?
- How do you handle the risk of attackers knowing how you perform hunting?
- What is the role of threat research role for hunting? Do you need research to hunt well?
- Does threat research power attribution?
- How do you tell a good YARA rule from a bad one, and a great one?
- What’s the evolutionary journey for a YARA rule?
- What is your view on the future of hunting?